Job Description – Global Director of Strategic Product Marketing
The Director of Strategic Product Marketing role is central to Ebb’s current and future product strategy efforts. With your product marketing management background, you will passionately advocate for patients and clinicians, scope and define new products, and lead the execution of offerings to support and grow Ebb’s product portfolio and businesses on a global basis. An experienced product marketing manager who has mastered influence without authority, is an effective and efficient communicator, and can network their way to answers to remove potential roadblocks will excel in the role. In addition, your ability to consistently define and measure success to inform decision making will be invaluable. You will work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Finance/Legal Clinical/Regulatory, Commercial, and R&D teams. Your cross-functional team leadership and knowledge of product development will also be put to great use as you guide the creation of solutions to impact millions of patients suffering from insomnia. This position will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Drive global strategies and roadmaps for current and next generation products and services as well as managing apps and peripherals to support the products in specific channels identified as key audiences for the product line
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience to identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that will grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth, represent the voice of the customer
- Manage the product lifecycle, defining, documenting, prioritizing and communicating product and customer requirements
- Lead feature prioritization in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Lead sprint (fast track) planning with engineering team in driving project plans and overall product roadmaps
- Measure success by defining product metrics and analyzing results
- Synthesize metrics with qualitative customer feedback to improve the product and prioritize the product backlog.
- Develop forecasts, business models, economics combined with ROI projections and assumptions
- Network with KOLs to gain insights and bottom up feedback to create world class products and apps
- Provide input and global marketing aspects for product launches and sales support materials, pricing, patient or direct to consumer programs
- Oversee and implement clinical trials supporting the medical directives of the business
- 10+ years of product marketing management experience
- Track record of bringing successful technology products to market including apps and telemedicine initiatives
- Have extensive experience in the areas of medical devices that are either prescribed or over the counter, business to business and direct to consumer, combined with apps and telemedicine projects
- Global experience with product launches, marketing support, channel expansion and networks based on metrics that drive overall sales and adoption rates
- Passion for healthcare and technology
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development methodology
- Extensive experience partnering with engineering teams
- Superb communication, presentation and organization skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both software developers and senior business leaders
- Significant experience with metrics-driven decision making with concrete examples of definitive outcomes resulting from defining and measuring success.
- A bias toward action & strong will to get things done balanced by a style that effectively influences and gains buy-in
- A comfort with leading multiple initiatives simultaneously and keeping on task and timelines
- Travel – 25%
- Must be in the corporate office
- Healthcare, life science, or technology product management experience
- Both hardware & software product marketing management experience
- Bachelor Degree in business, marketing, healthcare required
United States- Pittsburgh, PA
This job operates in an office setting.This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift, bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The employee must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Ebb is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation & Benefits
A comprehensive compensation package will include a competitive base salary and bonus, medical benefits, and 401(k) with company contribution.